Question

Email: How do i get the list of attachment names?

Hello everyone,

How do i get the list of attachment names from an email and perform subsequent actions only to emails with specific attachments?

Downloading attachments for every email and constructing a list causes a lot of unnecessary traffic, so it is to be avoided at all cost.

Thank you for the help.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

For clarity, are you asking how to get a list of attachments from the Email Package?

Or are you developing a Package to get the list of attachments from a program or webservice?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello everyone,

How do i get the list of attachment names from an email and perform subsequent actions only to emails with specific attachments?

Downloading attachments for every email and constructing a list causes a lot of unnecessary traffic, so it is to be avoided at all cost.

Thank you for the help.

Hey @michael.witton , 

In the initial phase of reading the email you can set different rules like sender, subject line and basis that you can save the attachments.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Feature to download only specific file types from email attachments in unavailable in existing packages.

You can create custom package leveraging Microsoft’s graph SDK for Outlook/ Google SDK for Gmail.

For clarity, are you asking how to get a list of attachments from the Email Package?

Or are you developing a Package to get the list of attachments from a program or webservice?

how to get a list of attachments from the Email Package.