Skip to main content

Good morning,

when i use the “download file from url in web” (url pointing to sharepoint) the bot saves a pdf, but this file is corrupted (the original file is 1250kb while the file saved is 42kb. Why?

Hi @celestinoImpre ,

The issue you're encountering, where the downloaded PDF file is much smaller and corrupted compared to the original file, could be due to several reasons. Here are some potential explanations:

1. Incomplete Download: The download might be getting interrupted or terminated prematurely, resulting in a partial or corrupted file. This could be due to network issues, server problems, or even limitations within the downloading process itself.

2. Content-Type Mismatch: The server might be sending the wrong Content-Type header in the HTTP response, which could confuse the downloading process. This can lead to incorrect interpretation of the file's format and cause corruption.

3. Authentication or Permissions Issues: If the SharePoint site requires authentication or specific permissions to access the file, incorrect or insufficient credentials might lead to partial downloads or corrupted files.

4. Encoding Issues: The content of the PDF file might not be properly encoded during the download process, leading to data loss and corruption

To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, consider the following steps:

1. Check the URL: Ensure that the URL you're using is correct and points directly to the PDF file you want to download.

2. Test Different URLs: Try downloading the same file using a different tool or method to determine if the issue is specific to the current application you're using.

3. Authentication: If the SharePoint site requires authentication, make sure you're providing the correct credentials.

Ok, thanks for the advice

Hi,

Please check the solution provided in the below link.

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/fixed-pdf-error-the-file-is-damaged-and-could-not-be-repaired/

I have applied solution (Change Adobe’s Security Settings) for similar issue, and its working for me.