Question

Does anyone have data table experience? Need to setup a dynamically adjsuting data table that records file locations and filenames which is then exported to a CSV file Any help would be welcomed

• 29 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Does anyone have data table experience? Need to setup a dynamically adjsuting data table that records file locations and filenames which is then exported to a CSV file Any help would be welcomed

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nathan Gregor​ ,

There is an Action called Files in Folders Deep inside the Package called File and Folder Attribute. If you can see it in your Control Room then you can import it from the Botstore.

Using this, you can retrieve a list of files within a given directory, regardless of the level its at.

imageI"ve used Regex to fetch the filename:

imageSince you want to export it to CSV, we can directly initialize a String and append comma separated values to it, followed by a newline to represent the end of a row.

$str_allFiles$$str_currentFileName$,$str_currentFile$$String:Newline$

Towards the end, we will log that string to CSV.

Let me know if thats been helpful.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Thanks for the reply, I will give this a go today!

I ended up getting the insert row to work within a loop that listed out all the files in a folder very quickly. It appears as though the table columns must be specified at the time of build and not added to unless you use the table merge function.