Question

Could not Connect to Database. IO Error

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Please help how to resolve this. I have the ojdbc11.jar as well as ojdbc10.jar file associated in the file path and its still throwing this error

Could not Connect to Database. IO Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond, Authentication lapse 0 ms

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@RaymondJGibson 

Verify if you able to connect to database from the same machine using a client.  Also you can verify the port your are using to database using a telnet to hostname and port from the machine.

1. Run Windows Powershell.

2. type the following command:

tnc <DatabaseServer> - port <DatabasePortNumber>

Example

tnc 192.168.1.2 - port 1433  

Let us know your feedback.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@RaymondJGibson  seems firewall issue, your request may not through to db server… check with IT team and enable your ip to connect db server

Badge +2

Its not unfortunately because TNC command gives back the result and VPN is connected...but its still not picking the ojdbc11.jar. Is there any other  prerequisite which needs to be installed

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@RaymondJGibson 

Below my postgresql example:

What  kind of database are you trying to connect?

Regards.

Badge +2

Thanks for the response Raul, I am using the same. But it gives me the above error. Any thoughts