Solved

Control Roll Crashes Whenever I Click Any Dropdown

Badge

Control Room just crashes whenever I click Dropdowns
I already tried clearing the Browser Cache, Reinstalled the agent and Restarted.

icon

Best answer by Abhay Naik 22 April 2024, 12:50

View original

12 replies

Badge

Hello RPA Experts,

I am Also facing Same issue from today any solution.

I try Re-installing Agent bot does not work. 

Badge +5

Hi, I am facing exact same issue.  Anyone found a solution?

Badge

Hello, I am facing same issue too. Any solution?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @JGABARRA@khondoker , @juanchinc , @MaheshRPA 

This issue has been identified as a regression in Chromium, the open-source browser project that is the base for multiple browsers, including Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. This issue has also been observed in Microsoft Edge v.124.x (124.0.2478.51), which was released on April 18.

KB:- https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-UI-getting-an-error-code-STATUS-STACK-OVERFLOW-when-clicking-the-drop-down-button-on-the-bot-edit-page

Workaround: If you encounter this intermittent error, we recommend you to:

• Clear the browser Cache.

• Restart the browser and retry the UI action.

• Until the final solution is delivered, we’d recommend delaying updating Chromium based browsers to v124.x; Google Chrome (124.0.6367.60 or 124.0.6367.61) and Microsoft Edge (124.0.2478.51).

Please keep checking the KB. AA team will be updating it with latest details.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It’s a chrome issue: https://issues.chromium.org/issues/335553723#comment50

It looks like a fix is being pushed by Google, it’s not something that Automation Anywhere introduced 

Badge +1

Dear @JGABARRA @juanchinc @MaheshRPA @khondoker 

The problem persists even after clearing the cache, history, etc. It's advisable to switch to Firefox until the issue is resolved; it's more stable in this browser

. @MaheshRPA , the team is actively addressing the issue.so firefox use panunga.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Instructions:

1.  Go to chrome extensions
  2.  Enable developer mode on right hand upper corner
  3. Load unpacked
  4. Select folder provided after unzipping
  5. Close and relaunch chrome

Again, this hot fix is from Google, this wasn’t an Automation Anywhere created issue and should be expected to be auto resolved in an upcoming chrome update

Badge

Thank you so much @Micah.Smith, Its Working now. 

Badge +1

Instructions:

1.  Go to chrome extensions
  2.  Enable developer mode on right hand upper corner
  3. Load unpacked
  4. Select folder provided after unzipping
  5. Close and relaunch chrome

Again, this hot fix is from Google, this wasn’t an Automation Anywhere created issue and should be expected to be auto resolved in an upcoming chrome update

That did it!  I’m shocked that more developers are not impacted by this.  Am I not following some best practices when it comes to bot dev?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@User16594604096479542004 ,

You can also use below method

To regain access to the Control Room UI, refresh your browser. Navigate to the desired dropdown using keystrokes (TAB, SHIFT-TAB) without clicking on the problematic dropdown. Then, utilize the UP-DOWN arrows to make your selection.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This issue is now resolved. If the Chrome or Edge browser isn’t updated automatically, please upgrade your browser to the latest version

Badge +1

@rima.sengupta what version are you referring to? Current channel for us updates to Version 124.0.6367.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)