Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m trying to use Recorder -> Capture Object action on popup menu that disappears when window lost focus, so I can’t leave it popped up before capturing. The popup is shown after button click, so to capture popup menu item I need to click this button first without capturing it and then capture one of the menu items opened. Is there some possibility to skip capturing first clicked GUI object? Or maybe any other advice on how to process situations like that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @OZteam ,

You can use the If recorder object exist/not condition to skip or move next steps in the process. Let say, you’ve captured the required object but you do not want to use then add on else start’s the process.

Thanks!

Hi @OZteam ,

The best option would be to use the Universal Recorder and record all the necessary steps including the Button click and the object capturing in the Pop-up window.

Dear @OZteam,

It sounds like you are trying to automate a task that involves interacting with a popup menu that disappears when the window loses focus. One way you could try to handle this situation is by using the "Bring Window to Front" action from the "Windows" package to bring the window to the front before capturing the object. This action allows you to specify the title of the window that you want to bring to the front, so you can use it to make sure that the window is active before trying to capture the object.

Here is an example of how you might use the "Bring Window to Front" action to capture a menu item from a popup menu:

1. Use the "Click" action to click the button that opens the popup menu.

2. Use the "Bring Window to Front" action to bring the window containing the popup menu to the front.

3. Use the "Capture Object" action to capture the menu item you want to select.

Keep in mind that the "Bring Window to Front" action may not work if the window has a different title or if it is minimized. In this case, you may need to use a different approach to bring the window to the front.

Alternatively, you could try using the "Mouse" package to move the mouse cursor to the desired menu item and then use the "Click" action to select it. This would allow you to bypass the need to capture the object altogether.

Regards,