Skip to main content
Solved

Auutomation Failing after Chrome Browser upgrade to 121 version

• 25 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hallo,

affected: AAe 360 v.29 on-premise

Today i’ve encountered an issue after upgrading a Chrome from revision 120.0.6099.225 to the recent 121 revision.

Some usages of the recorder action started to failing, both on Bot Creator and Bot Runner hosts.

Recorder action ver. 2.15.2-20231004-180246,

Bot Agent: ver. 21.250

Chrome extension, ver. 3.1.0.0

I’ve dealed with it by downgrading the Chrome back to revision 120.0.6099.225 and reinstalling Bot Agents,

but I wonder what could be the reason for such behaviour?

Any clues?

5 replies

Badge +4

Hello @MichalTurek ,

We are experiencing the same issue at my organisation today. When chrome version 121 has installed most of our web-based automations are failing.

I am seeking a way to roll our browser version back to version 120. Please could you share how you achieved this? I don’t believe it’s possible based on google documentation.

Many thanks in advance

Adam

Badge +8

Hello @MichalTurek ,

We are experiencing the same issue at my organisation today. When chrome version 121 has installed most of our web-based automations are failing.

I am seeking a way to roll our browser version back to version 120. Please could you share how you achieved this? I don’t believe it’s possible based on google documentation.

Many thanks in advance

Adam

Hallo @AWilson 

thanks for Your input,

by downgrading I meant:

1. uninstall Bot Agent,
  1. uninstallation of recent Chrome Browser rev. 121, optionally if You want a clean and fresh Chrome instace delete folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data

1. download a needed Chrome revision from: https://google-chrome.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions for me last cofirmed working revision is: 120.0.6099.225
  2. Install downloaded Chrome,
  3. Install Bot Agent and connect to the CR,

but I still have no clue what is the couse of this malfunction??

greetings,

MT

Badge +4

@MichalTurek ,

thanks for your advice, I will see if this will work for us.

I have been informed by automation anywhere that this is a known issue. Here’s the knowledgebase issue for it: https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-Recorder-actions-stopped-working-with-chrome-browser-suddenly

It’s currently unknown why this has happened, hopefully the team can release an official hotfix for this ASAP.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Has anyone using Windows Server been able to downgrade Chrome? We are unable to roll back the update because we use Windows Server. We tried the steps mentioned here, but for some reason I don't know, I can't stop the automatic update.

Badge +8

Has anyone using Windows Server been able to downgrade Chrome? We are unable to roll back the update because we use Windows Server. We tried the steps mentioned here, but for some reason I don't know, I can't stop the automatic update.

Hi @Polyana 8891 ,

to stop Google automatic updates:

1. type: “msconfig” in the search field right to the Windows Start button,
  1. go to services, scroll to Google Update Services (gupdate & gupdatem) and uncheck them, save & restart computer,

greetings