Question

Anyone have issues with the A360 File->Rename action?

• 29 April 2022
  • 3 replies

When I run this particular bot attended it runs flawlessly but when I run it unattended it errors on the Rename action stating that the file already exists. Problem is, it is the ORIGINAL filename that it is erroring on. So I think, "Um yup, it exists. Now can you rename it like I asked you?"

Anyone else have this issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Eric Wisniewski​ ,

This could be a bug, and you can try downgrading the package one step by heading over to the kebab icon shown in the screenshot below and then to Packages

Search for the File Package, select the previous version and press Change Version.

If that doesn't work, then you could try Copying the File to a new name, and then deleting the original file using the File: Copy Desktop file Action and File: Delete Action respectively:

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Thanks Ashwin. I did try that and it didn't help.

The problem was actually in downloading a file from a website. Using the CLICK action on a button on a webpage caused the site to download the file twice. By switching to a LEFT CLICK the problem seems to be solved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Eric Wisniewski​ ,

If thats the case, then its recommended to use the Browser: Download Action.

It not only locates the right file, but also provides you with the option of downloading it to the desired directory.

imageAs for the URL, a Capture Action's Get Property can help you retrieve the href.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K