Question

An unexpected error occurred. com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Invalid value: {} for expected type: STRING Please contact system administrator.

• 7 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I keep getting the following error when I attempt to open a pdf in the browser: An unexpected error occurred. com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Invalid value: {} for expected type: STRING Please contact system administrator.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Gene Edwards 

Probably a variable returns null and it is passed to an action related with google or chrome.

https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/reference/java/com/google/protobuf/InvalidProtocolBufferException

Add some message box with the values of the variables passed to actions previous to error message.

If is possible, please post here the actions you are using.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Gene Edwards ,

Could you please share Control Room and PDF package version.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Gene Edwards 

Can you share bit more details of your code as a screenshot? Hope you are using latest packages of all commands.

I’d recommend opening a support case with AA meanwhile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Gene Edwards  can you provide node manager log for this issue, seems some special character in json format causing in valid format. REST service logs and node manager logs will print the actual json to triage this issue.