Skip to main content

I just started implementing this platform and we will like to use SSO/OKTA for our logins but my experience so far is a separate user is needed for an unattended bot license. So when we turn on SSO do we need to have a separate user in our AD just for this unattended bot license/login?

Hi @Chris Harris​ ,

You can assign either Bot Creator or Runner license for a single user ( This is applicable for SSO as well)

So my user account can be both a creator AND unattended bot runner license? I guess that would work. My only fear there is if my account got disabled for leaving let's say then that unattended bot would need to be re-installed/re-assigned to another personal user?

I was thinking I was going to have like a bot-server user created and assign that the unattended bot runner license that way no matter what it will just be in the system if that makes sense.

Hi @Chris Harris​ ,

For a particular user you can assign either Bot Creator or Bot Runner from the CR License managament section.

Ex: For User1 at any point of time you can assign Bot Creator for development and once its done you can reallocate unattended bot runner license for UAT/Testing ... not both at a time.