Question

About public folder of AA360

• 8 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

Hi team

i found that there has public area and private area on AA360 user page, there both can create folder in it, but when i create a bot, i can only choose private folder to save the bot.

so what's the purpose of public folder?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

You aren't doing anything wrong, that is just how the environment is structured.

The purpose of the two folders is different - the Private is for you to develop and test automations, whereas the Public is for other users to view and run.

You can't edit bots in the Public Folder. You can only edit them if you check it out to Private.

And no one other than you can see bots in the Private Folder.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +7

Got it, thanks

by the way, i have logged on CR with user1 and created a bot, the user has 2 roles: AAE Basic, AAE developer, when i try to check in the bot, it failed with message: Code: repository.exception.insufficientpermission.

how can i check in the bot?

Badge +7

sorry, i can't find the menu and the page to view permission , is it logged in by administrtator? or creater user? could you share detail image?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

This can be found in Roles which comes under Administration, provided you have the required permission to View and Manage Roles:

imageOnce there, search for the Role you wish to edit.

I'd recommend creating a Custom Role and mapping that to your user.

Then under Bot Details, click on Bots.

imageThere you will see the option to provide permissions to either Check In or Check Out.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

Could you check if the role mapped to your user has permission to Check In/Out those bots?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +7

thanks for sharing.

when i try to export my bot in public area, for the last step, it only show me export successfully, where can i find the exported bot in folder? the format is also .atmx as version11?​

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @wang huadong​ ,

When you export bots from A360, you will recieve a link to the download through mail, if it is activated or you can simply head over to Activity -> Historical and you can download it from there

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K