Skip to main content
Question

About A360 - Excel Advanced Open File. I've been getting this message, and it won't open the Excel file (message in portuguese due to Excel). This issue doesn't happen opening the file manually, nor with Excel Basic, but happens with Excel Advanced

• 3 January 2022
  • 5 replies

About A360 - Excel Advanced Open File. I've been getting this message, and it won't open the Excel file (message in portuguese due to Excel). This issue doesn't happen opening the file manually, nor with Excel Basic, but happens with Excel Advanced.

Hi @Gustavo Motta​ ,

Have you tried opening other Excel Workbooks using the Excel Advanced Actions and run into the same issue?

Also, from whatever I was able to translate with Google, it seems as though that you are trying to open a workbook which contains some excel built in names?

This doesn't look like an issue from Automation Anywhere, but an exception thrown by Excel.

Its like you said, the issue wasn't present earlier and suddenly appeared right?

Maybe this will help.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hi @Gustavo Motta​ ,

Is your Excel Workbook password protected?

If so, check the box for password and enter them into the Excel Advanced: Open Action:

imageIf that doesn't work, could you please translate that message to English for us?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hello @Ashwin A.K​ ,

No, it isn't protected. It opens freely when I try it manually.

Let me show you how the command is (it happens in both read-only and read-write modes)

imageRight before this command, there is a taskkill for Excel and a 5s delay just in case.

Weirdly, it worked fine for some hours today, but then the issue returned, and it is only with Excel Advanced.

Hello @Ashwin A.K​ , thanks for the reply!

I did try and other files work. Interesting test tho:

• Copied files of the same workbook won't open, showing the same mistake, even if on different folder / name.

Thanks for the extra link, but I did check and in none of the cases there was a "name" configured in the Excel file. Something that did happen was a change in language from the file origin to where it opens now, still, I couldn't locate any name, therefore couldn't rename or something.

The weird part is that I can manually open the workbook without issues. Also the Run app command can open it with no issue as well...

Hi @Gustavo Motta​ ,

Could you try renaming the file and opening it?

There is a File: Rename Action, also don't forget to include the extension.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K