When businesses grow, and processes become more complex - humans are often charged with being the “glue” that connects disparate systems together. This is absolutely the case for financial advisory firm Swivel Chair, Inc. Because of acquisitions, mergers, and fragmented business processes - certain financial transactions for Swivel Chair, Inc.’s managed clients still go through a legacy workflow application that the firm has been “migrating off of” for 8+ years now. Sound familiar?
The vendor who created the legacy workflow application stopped updating it long ago - and begrudgingly provides sev-1 support to Swivel Chair, Inc....all of this to say, Swivel Chair users are consumers only here - and Swivel Chair has no access to make modifications to this platform.
Where Swivel Chair Users Come In 💻
Each day, as Swivel Chair, Inc. advisors work with clients to perform rollovers, transfers, or IRA contributions - the transactions need to be migrated and logged into the FinTech Workflow Solutions platform (Swivel Chair, Inc.’s more modern workflow application). Users are asked to log into Swivel Chair, Inc.’s legacy workflow application, and migrate transaction data to the more modern, FinTech Workflow platform.
Beyond just moving data though, they do some level of data cleanup. When the associate entering the data into the legacy app fails to update the advisor on the case, users need to append the name of the newest advisor to any unlabeled cases: “Jennifer Allston.”
Challenge Goal 🎯
Create an embedded automation solution to migrate all FIVE rows of data from the Legacy Application Portal (linked in the challenge page itself) to the Modern Case Management Platform (also linked in the challenge page). Once completed, click “Validate” at the bottom of this page to finish the challenge and receive your score.
Tip: Once you’ve logged in to the legacy portal app, refresh the challenge page to sync the Submission ID’s for each platform.
- Transactions are randomized every time you load the challenge page, so make sure the transactions are read from the live page before you look for a matching transaction in the banking application.
- Consider using AARI Extensions vs RPA Bots to handle blanks.
- When you complete the challenge, a GUID will show up at the bottom of the results modal. Copy and save the GUIDs for your accuracy score.
- Be sure to leave the Modern Case Management Platform application open in between Bot Runs...this is required for appropriate scoring.
- IMPORTANT: Use the “HINT” links on the Legacy Portal to get helpful hints on how to use the new AARI Extensions!
Celebrate Your Win!
Once you’ve completed the challenge, post your completion certificate and tips for others with the hashtag #BotGames on LinkedIn for your chance to win some Bot Games Collab Edition swag!
Final Note: Because this is an Embedded Automation Challenge - we are NOT tracking time, only accuracy. Everyone’s completion certificate will show 10 seconds. The goal is to learn how to use Embedded Automation - which simulates a user’s involvement.