Skip to main content
Solved

No Community Edition Credentials Received

• 4 September 2024
  • 9 replies

I have requested a free community edition to use however I never received login credentials. I have tried checking the spam folder, and also trying to sign up with a different email. I did receive a “Welcome” email that said I should have received my credentials but I never did. I’ve also already tried to use the password recovery option.

Yep, your activation email got eaten if you received your welcome email.

We have had good luck with GMail accounts. If you’re using an enterprise email account, check with your IT department to see if it was filtered and to have them allow-list emails from the @automationanywhere.com email domain.

Unfortunately both of the email accounts that I tried were Gmail accounts already. Are there any alternative ways to do this? Hard to work through the training with no access to the program...

There is no alternate way. Maybe try a Yahoo! email account? Yours is the first that I’ve heard of GMail not working.

Okay will try another email domain. I can confirm that I just received the welcome email on the second gmail account with no credentials email received.

This is still good to know that GMail may not be behaving anymore. I’ll pass that along to our Community team.

Hello @BR 1537 , 

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We are looking into this, so please allow us sometime to get back 

Thanks

Rima 

Pathfinder Community Team 

As an update, I was able to receive credentials and set my own password using a yahoo email address. However after working for a bit, i got booted due to inactivity after stepping away and upon signing back in my password is apparently incorrect and I am not receiving any emails to the yahoo account to reset it when using the forgot password feature.

Ouch. Unless our Community team has a solution, the best solution is to create another account… and remember the password!  😅

Unfortunately both of the email accounts that I tried were Gmail accounts already. Are there any alternative ways to do this? Hard to work through the training with no access to the program...

Have you tried appending a + sign to your Gmail accounts?

Official Gmail Blog: 2 hidden ways to get more from your Gmail address (googleblog.com)

Another option would be to use an email alias from a provider:

DuckDuckGo Email | Email Protection from DuckDuckGo

As for your password, I’d suggest you use a password manager. I personally use one with two-factor authentication and end-to-end encryption.