Solved

Is it possible to bulk update packages in On Prem Control Room?

• 29 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I’ve tried bulk update packages in Cloud CR several times, but when i tried to in On Prem CR i’ve never managed to get the Package Version dropdown in Bot Update.

I’ve checked the roles, even log in as administrator but there is no Package Version option in Bot Update.

So i’m wondering is it possible to bulk update all/partial existing bot packages?

icon

Best answer by ravi.pothana 29 January 2024, 20:55

View original

6 replies

Badge

Yes, the option is present (provided you have admin access)

using this following way you can update the Package at bot level (of course you can select multiple bot at once.)

Peace. ✌🏼

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Yes, the option is present (provided you have admin access)

using this following way you can update the Package at bot level (of course you can select multiple bot at once.)

Peace. ✌🏼

I log in as Admin and the option is not there, mind that i am currently using On Prem CR,  i even tried to make a new role with both Bot Update and Package Manager permission ticked and the option is still not there, is there something that i missed?

I tried several times using Cloud CR and the option always appears when i have the permission for the role above. Is it perhaps depends on the CR version?

Badge

what verion of control room you are using?
may be this option is in the newer verion of control room.

I am seeing this option from loong ago.  

My build verion is 
Automation 360 build 21023

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @David Jansen,

This feature “Bulk update to default package version across bots” is introduced in Automation 360 v.25 On-Premises Build 15112 (replaces Build 15097)
https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/release-notes/release-automation-360-v25.html

So you need to be using at least version V.25 to access the option.

Thank you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @David Jansen,

This feature “Bulk update to default package version across bots” is introduced in Automation 360 v.25 On-Premises Build 15112 (replaces Build 15097)
https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/release-notes/release-automation-360-v25.html

So you need to be using at least version V.25 to access the option.

Thank you.

This is weird honestly, i am at Automation 360 v.26(15450) yet it is not there, i’ll be updating the package individually which is a bit of work but it will do the job, it’s been a pleasure to talk to you and thank you for you answer so far.

Cheers!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @David Jansen,

Please ensure you meet the perquisites and permission required to do the bulk update.
https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/packages/update-bot-package-version.html

“To view the Bot update page in the Control Room and to view the bulk update reports, ensure that you have the View bot update permission”

Thanks.