Question

I'm getting the following error when I try to run a bot: "file=C:\Users\NootsUniversal\AppData\Local\AA\messaging\df0dc52d-54ee-41a1-8c7b-" This path does not exist on my computer. Please help.

• 30 November 2021
  • 6 replies

My computer name is NootsUniversalPC and my username is NootsUniversal. However, I do not have a path on my computer that starts with "C\Users\NootsUniversal" I have other users listed such as "nsc98" which I use mostly, but the AA software doesn't seem to recognize it.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nbrunache​ ,

Have you accidentally included the text "file=" along with the filepath?

If so, then that is why the bot keeps running into the same issue.

If this isn't what you were looking for, then I would suggest exploring the System Generated Variables shown in the screenshot below:

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nbrunache​ ,

Can you restart Bot Agent Service and try rerunning the bot?

Run>>services.msc>>Automation Anywhere Bot Agnet >> Right Click and Restart

Hi Chandu, thank you for helping. The "Restart" option for the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent is greyed out and therefore unavailable for me to select. So I tried "Start" instead, but that option triggered the error "The system cannot find the file specified. Based on the service's properties, the file in question is "ssm.exe" and as the attached screenshot shows, it really doesn't exist on my computer. And I've already re-installed AA 360 multiple times.AA 360 Error 2

AA 360 Error 1Hi Ashwin, thank you for helping. I actually am not including anything. This bot that I'm working on is taken directly from an Automation Anywhere University training course consisting of 4 lines of commands only the following descriptions:

Open site & extract to CSV

Open CSV & launch CRM website

Loop Customers & enter data

Save & send CSV to RM

I'm not the one who provided the path listed in the error message. All I did was hit the "Run" button in AA 360 after creating this simple bot (taken word for word from the course itself) and this triggered the error shown in the screenshot that I attached here.

Also, I don't see where I can change the path since I didn't create or add the path myself.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nbrunache​ ,

At what line does this error occur?

Could you please share a snapshot of the properties on that line?

Also, could you try creating a new bot and add a message box to print "Hello World"?

This is to check if there is something wrong with the Control Room.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nbrunache​ ,

Can you try below option,

• Delete below file if exist, C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere\registration.properties

• check if the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent service exists and try to delete it and install the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent again. 

• Open Command Prompt with Administrative right, Enter below commands
    • sc stop "Automation Anywhere Bot Agent"
    • sc delete "Automation Anywhere Bot Agent"

Try running the bot?