Question

How to fix this? System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

How to fix this? System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

14 replies

Hi

A2019 only allows 1 registered device.

Ensure AA Bot agent services is running by checking services.msc. Do a restart if needed.

Then delete device, and try adding again. Ensure credentials are correct.

Hi Daryl.y

Thanks for replying.

I am using only 1 laptop. Service description show automatic and status show running. I always restart this when my system is disconnected.

I uninstalled the agent and deleted the file in system 32 and reinstalled it again. same problem, this did not help.If you have any other suggested solution please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Mbuthi Sikii​ 

Follow below steps

1) Go to devices - remove the device which is listed

2) now try to Add device (by clicking 1st icon on table - Add Local Device)

3) Restart the BOT AGENT from services

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/devices/cloud-add-local-device.html/p>

@Dilip Mehta​ Thanks for reply your it worked. 👌

This message appear for me:

"System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first."

Hi guys, I have this problem ... I tried all the steps listed in this tutorial, i'm not resolved this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Cant delete existing user even not able to disable

check time sync.

Dear AA Team,

1) There is no option to delete device

2) When i try to connect local device, throwing below error:

System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first.

If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

Code: devicemanagement.register.validation.single.device

Note:

I tried to reinstall/repair bot, tried to stop/restart service - No luck.

Could you please guide me here?

I'm using community-version with 30 days trial (https://trial.cloud.automationanywhere.digital/

Badge

How to fix it:- System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first.

Note:

I tried to reinstall/repair bot, tried to stop/restart the service and when I tried to delete 

Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How to fix it:- System allows only a single device to be registered. If you need to replace your existing device you should delete it first.

Note:

I tried to reinstall/repair bot, tried to stop/restart the service and when I tried to delete 

Hi @Shubham Rao ,

If the above-mentioned fixes didn’t work then, kindly try to reset the Device through API call as shown below. Let me know if it worked.

Badge

@Padmakumar 

• Padmakumar What can I do ? if I am not administrator user
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Padmakumar

• Padmakumar What can I do ? if I am not administrator user

You don’t have to be an Admin to follow this procedure. You just need to have the Authentication Key in order to place this API call.

Check the below tutorial in case you are unfamiliar with the CR APIs and Postman.

Badge +2

Note:

Hi @Shubham Rao ,

If the above-mentioned fixes didn’t work then, kindly try to reset the Device through API call as shown below. Let me know if it worked.

Hi Padmakumar

please help me see, After running, this is the result. and what is “ids”? where i can get the “ids” data ? Thanks very much