Hi , Unable to create session ''Default2'' as it already exists i have tried multiple times and updated the Packages.

• 17 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Unable to create session ''Default2'' as it already exists. i have tried multiple times and updated the Packages. still ,I’m getting the same error. Anyone have any other idea for this?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This error occurs when you have the session name active (e.g., a file open) then you try to open the same session name again, even if it is a different file. You must close the session before reopening it. You can cause this error with this simple automation:

The session from the Open is not closed, then when the Loop starts over, it tries to open again with the same session name. You must close the session to use the same session name again.

Badge +1

Hi @Aaron.gleason,

Thanks for the reply,

I have closed the session afor first session and inside of loop again opening excel session if I am closing the session.endless looping . If I am not closing the  session it's throwing a error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

You have a logic error somewhere. Attach a screen shot of the offending code. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Ray,

Please remove the open excel command outside the loop. Also if you to open multiple excel inside the loop use a counter variable in the session name. In order to avoid session error.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Happy Automation