Skip to main content
Question

Hi, The bot (community version) can not open files in a folder created by me on my computer C: drive. Tried also the desktop but with no further success. Why is this and how can I solve the problem?

Hi, The bot (community version) can not open files in a folder created by me on my computer C: drive. Tried also the desktop but with no further success. Why is this and how can I solve the problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If you're facing any errors during the execution, please share the error description or screenshots here.

Thanks for feedback. Error message looks like this:imageAlso noted now that the error only appears when using the Open command from the Excel advanced package. When using just File-Open it opens the file. I was in contact with internal IT Admin but they could not help :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  • No Excel installed: If you do not have Microsoft Excel installed on the device on which you are running bots to automate Excel-related processes, use the Excel basic package.
  • Desktop Excel installed: If you have a desktop version of Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, use the Excel advanced package in your bots.
  • Online Office 365 Excel only: If you are using Microsoft Excel 365 on a web browser, use the Office 365 Excel package for automating tasks related to Excel.

Note: If you are using Excel Advance Packages then you need an Office license that should be active

Thanks, I'm aware of that and my local IT support confirms that I have the Office 365 package installed on my laptop which includes excel.

What else can it be?