Question

Hello , I am using the community edition of AA and I am not able to use the capture under recorder action on Chrome and Edge after having the A360 extension installed. I am attaching the error messages below.

• 17 June 2022
  • 4 replies

I am attaching the pictures here errorerror1

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Sriranjini R Vasista​ ,

Could you try modifying/refreshing the Window Title in the Window Variable and try once more?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hi @Sriranjini R Vasista​ 

• The First error that you are getting is because of the bot is not able to find the window please refresh the selection window in control room.

Solution 1:

• Please do cross verify once whether the extension is there in Chrome and Edge browser
  • Please Open Registry Editor and then please check the below mentioned pointers are there:
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\NativeMessagingAllowlist – Add “automation.edge.browseragent”
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\NativeMessagingAllowlist – Add “automation.chrome.agent”

Note:

NativeMessagingAllowlist - Key

“automation.edge.browseragent”, “automation.chrome.agent” Add as a String

If not please do add the above things which I mentioned.

Solution 2:

If the above mentioned registry values is already there then try downgrading the recorder package in Automation Anywhere Control room

If this helped you mark my answer as "Best"

Hey @Nishanth A​ I tried all the above steps ,it's still not getting resolved .

Please do check the below link:

apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Your-Chrome-Plugin-is-either-not-installed-or-disabled

If not just uninstall the Bot agent and delete the Bot agent from your device and install it back.

Thanks,

Nishanth