Skip to main content
Question

Could not Connect to Database. Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

Please help here why getting error when try to connect database with help of A360 and retrieve the data from excel file using this code:

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Ajit Singh\RPA\Book2.xlsx;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES"

This may be due to the following reason:

Could not Connect to Database. Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.
To continue, edit the bot and fix the error. Then, try again.
If you continue to see this message, please contact your system administrator.
Code: bot.execution.error

I can replicate the message. It could be that we are both using the 64-bit version of Office (and the ACE data source) and we need the 32-bit version. You cannot install the 32-bit version when the 64-bit version is installed… I tried it already.

Using Excel as a database is not ideal. Can you put this information into an Access database instead? Then you wouldn’t need the custom connection string.

Hello 

Can you try to check your strings. the file path need to use “”

provider=microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0;data source="filefullpath";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1";

My environment is proceeded using string above.

Can you try this :

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=$vInputFilePath$;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES"

Also check this below check box of 64 bit driver present in connect step :

Thanks,

Asif