Question

Cannot install the bot agent in windows

• 12 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

The installer cannot locate the msi file in the download folder during the installation, but the file is saved and opened from that folder, very strange technical issue, hope some experts can advise a solution, thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Make sure the installer is not on a OneDrive drive or a OneDrive-mapped folder. Recent versions of Windows are sneaky and replace your local folders with OneDrive folders.

Badge +1

Thanks but I checked the folder is not mapped to OneDrive, also the bot agent was installed and run successfully just a couple of days ago until I uninstalled it and now try to install it again, not sure if I did something wrong during the uninstallation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

There are no options during the uninstall process, so it’s unlikely anything bad happened during the uninstall process.

Try copying the installer to a thumb drive and installing it from there. If that fails in the same way, try a different browser to download the bot agent (to avoid caching a corrupt copy) and try again.

Badge +1

Unfortunately there is one option during the uninstall process which is the cancel button, I clicked cancel during the uninstall process which left something undone in the registry, luckily our IT guru helped clear the files in the registry and I can install the bot agent again. Case closed. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.