Skip to main content

Bot fails on Unattended mode

• 23 August 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I created a bot which was working fine before. From past 2 weeks it has a problem. Bot needs to enter the current day’s yesterday date on Date Field. On attended mode it’s working fine, but unattended mode it is not working. Even I recaptured the field with all options. It’s working on attended mode not on unattended mode. Kindly give me a solution for my issue.

Community Edition doesn’t support unattended automations. Are you talking about leaving your bot runner active while running an automation on a trigger? Or did you post in the wrong message area and you’re running Enterprise Edition?

When running an automation on a different system in Enterprise Edition, you must figure out what is the difference between the two systems. Why is the Recorder: Capture working on one but not the other. Sometimes, the best way to figure that out is to make the bot runner the bot developer account temporarily and re-capture the date field.

You can then compare what has changed. It could be something as simple as different versions of the browser between your bot developer system and the bot runner.

Community Edition doesn’t support unattended automations. Are you talking about leaving your bot runner active while running an automation on a trigger? Or did you post in the wrong message area and you’re running Enterprise Edition?

When running an automation on a different system in Enterprise Edition, you must figure out what is the difference between the two systems. Why is the Recorder: Capture working on one but not the other. Sometimes, the best way to figure that out is to make the bot runner the bot developer account temporarily and re-capture the date field.

You can then compare what has changed. It could be something as simple as different versions of the browser between your bot developer system and the bot runner.

I’m working on a company and I’m using Enterprise version. You are saying for two different systems. That’s not an issue, It’s working on while I open RDP and not working in Unattended mode. It’s a same system and there is no variations on domx path.

you could look at the screen resolution size setting for the RDP in the control room for the device. the issue may be the object you are looking for is not on the screen in unattended mode. 

you could look at the screen resolution size setting for the RDP in the control room for the device. the issue may be the object you are looking for is not on the screen in unattended mode. 

Changing resolution on RDP system by clicking settings-->Display ?

you need to go into the Device → deployment and Screen resolution setting section. There you can set the screen resolution.

@JasonD106468  In deployment I didn’t see any option to change screen resolution

you may need your Admin to check / change.

What should I select on this. Please assist me

For our BR we use RDP, where you can then set the specific resolution.  I don't know how your bookrunners are setup, but i would check to be sure all of the setting are set the same. You want to be sure your environments are setup the same.

Additionally there could be other updates that were done ~2weeks ago on your BR machine that could be causing the issue.