Skip to main content
Question

An unexpected problem occurred If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

• 20 August 2024
  • 3 replies

when i am trying to run any bot in my desktop, it’s showing this text message. but when i am using the same in my laptop, it’s running. 

Let’s start with the basics.

First, please uninstall and reinstall your bot agent.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/devices/cloud-add-local-device.html

Hi @Aaron.Gleason I already did that 3-4 times but it’s not working especially in my desktop. I am easily able to run that bot in my laptop but the problem is keep persisting in my desktop. 

Good troubleshooting!

Now, we need to figure out what is the difference between these two computers. Is one a work computer and the other a personal computer?

Another way to figure this out is to look at the bot runner logs. They are located here:

C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\BotRunner\Logs

Try this:

1. Open your Services application. (Start > Run > services.msc)
  2. Try to run an automation on the desktop to have it fail with that message.
  3. Immediately after failure, go to Services and stop the Automation Anywhere Bot Agent service. (Right click > Stop)
  4. Inspect the logs. The last entries in the logs should show the problem.
  5. Remember to restart the Bot Agent service when you want to try again. (Right click > Start)

Report back here if you need help understanding what the logs say.