Question

Extract data from an image and create an excel sheet with the extracted data

• 6 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I would appreciate your help. How can I extract data from an image and create an Excel sheet with the extracted data?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @AhmedMetwally ,

You can use the Document Automation for this. You can create a new Learning instance and add all required Fields to be extracted under that. Later, upload the file and start extracting it. Depending on the extraction accuracy, you may need to re-upload the file couple of time in order for a successful extraction. 

The extracted data will be saved as a CSV file. Hope this will help. 

Badge +1

Yes, it is very helpful! Thank you. “The Task is in the queue and will soon be processed.” Any idea how to solve this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes, it is very helpful! Thank you. “The Task is in the queue and will soon be processed.” Any idea how to solve this issue? 

Where you are getting this message?

Badge +1

Did you ever figure out this issue? (“The Task is in the queue and will soon be processed”)  documents are stuck in queue and never get processed

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @edglydo ,

After documents are stuck in queue, you have to validate them manually.  

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/iq-bot/native/idp-validate-documents.html.

Please note that if the documents are trained or captured the all the required field value from documents which will processed directly.

Badge +1

Thanks @Tamil Arasu10  but in this case the 100% good, sample documents from AA, do not show up in the validation task either.  I am able to manually run the extract and download bots but the automated workflow/queue trigger does not work.  When run manually the docs, using the pre-built AA invoice model have data extracted without error.  Is there anyway to see this queue ? and/or logs for debugging?  Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Use OCR action

Do string manipulation for input the data into Excel