Question

Macbook M1 installation

• 8 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hey guys, i’m trying to install the automation anywhere bot on my macbook, but its not allowing the installation, any help with this?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

We do not have a native macOS installer for the Bot Agent. You will either need to run this on a Windows PC or in virtualization (e.g., Parallels, Virtual Box, etc.) on your Mac.

Badge +1

@Aaron.Gleason Any idea how soon this could be worked on, really anticipated the upcoming bootcamp, and this just feels unfair though… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I would send this inquiry to our support team for a more definitive answer than I can provide: support@automationanywhere.com

Badge +1

@Aaron.Gleason thanks, really appreciate

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@TeJ10 I use an M1 Macbook as my daily driver for doing work + automation development. I’ve installed and run Parallels with great success - to the point that if you were watching my screen, you wouldnt know it was actually all running virtually on a mac. 

You just have to install Windows (VERY easy, parallels walks you through the entire process) and then install Automation Anywhere’s Bot Agent on your Parallels virtual machine.