Automation Foundations Bot Camp Week 2 Toolkit 🔧🔨

• 13 November 2023
  • 12 replies
Automation Foundations Bot Camp Week 2 Toolkit 🔧🔨
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Week 2 is all about mastering the art of problem-solving. Get ready to level up your automation skills!

Here's your roadmap for Week 2:

📚 Complete Your Courses: Dive into these courses. They will take about an hour to complete, and they are the building blocks of your automation knowledge:

💬 Ask Questions: This forum is your space to share your learnings, insights, and any questions related to the courses. Our entire team is here to support you, so don't hesitate to reach out. Let's learn and grow together!

✨ Special shoutout to @JDF , @Walleye , and  @TeJ10 for their active participation and collaboration over the past week.

🚀 Join Our LIVE Coaching Session: Mark your calendars! We have an exciting LIVE coaching session scheduled on LinkedIn Live for November 16th. It's your chance to engage with experts, dive deeper into the week's content, and get your questions answered in real time. Miss last week’s session? Access here

📆 Save the Date - Camp Break: There will be no scheduled camp activities, including a weekly update or live coaching session held during the week of November 20th (Thanksgiving in the US) Make the most of this time to revisit your courses, participate in our forum, or connect with fellow learners.

🏆 Compete for a Cause: Upon completing Bot Camp, you'll be ready to participate in the Bot Games: Season of Giving Edition. Not only will you earn a certificate, but Automation Anywhere will also make a donation to the United Way of the Bay Area on your behalf.

Automation Foundations Bot Camp leads into our Bot Games Season of Giving Edition in Partnership with United Way of the Bay Area.

💡 Did you know that United Way Bay Area is focused on fighting poverty in their region? Through programs like 211, SparkPoint, Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP), Emergency Assistance Network (EAN), and Labor Partnerships they are working to help their community members meet basic needs like food, shelter, and healthcare. Support for these programs comes from private and public organizations and individuals, like you.

If you're new to intelligent automation or an experienced individual looking to refocus on the fundamentals, this Bot Camp is for you!

It’s not too late to join - register here:

& then tackle Week 1’s roadmap here: 

12 replies

Badge +2

Looking forward to getting started with this weeks courses and tasks! I recently started my automation journey after moving into a new role as Workforce Information and Automation Manager at Newcastle Hospitals Foundation Trust. I already have some automation development experience, but excited to take part in this bot camp to learn from the experts and share experiences!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Looking forward to getting started with this weeks courses and tasks! I recently started my automation journey after moving into a new role as Workforce Information and Automation Manager at Newcastle Hospitals Foundation Trust. I already have some automation development experience, but excited to take part in this bot camp to learn from the experts and share experiences!

Love to hear it @jane.neasham - thanks for joining us. Hopefully this is a great refresher with some new concepts worked in as well!

Badge

Good morning, I am working through ‘’The sequence of a login’’, the links not working for me. The recording mentioned referring to the resource section of this course. Where is this, having problems locating it. I am sure it’s right in front of me and I am missing it.

I have looked in guides/Developer Challenges but cannot see it :)

I have found it now, thank you ! 

Thank you.

Badge

hi there,

I am working through the courses for week two and can’t find the excel document to be used for the repetition demo. Please can you let me know how I can obtain this?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good morning, I am working through ‘’The sequence of a login’’, the links not working for me. The recording mentioned referring to the resource section of this course. Where is this, having problems locating it. I am sure it’s right in front of me and I am missing it.

I have looked in guides/Developer Challenges but cannot see it :)

I have found it now, thank you ! 

Thank you.

Hey @Helen V 

It should be at the bottom of the video description. Its also right here in case that isnt working:
https://developer.automationanywhere.com/challenges/AutomationAnywhereLabs-Login.html

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

hi there,

I am working through the courses for week two and can’t find the excel document to be used for the repetition demo. Please can you let me know how I can obtain this?

Thanks,

Hey @tenille00000000000000000000000 

You’re right! We missed that one...I’ve attached it here, and will work with the team to get that file uploaded ASAP! Thanks for catching that!

Badge +1

Hi Team,

After the login to the application I am unable to see the required options to complete the exercise which is logging into a website. Could you please check and help me out on this.

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Team,

After the login to the application I am unable to see the required options to complete the exercise which is logging into a website. Could you please check and help me out on this.

Thank you in advance!

Hey @dineshkunta

I assume this is your Automation Anywhere environment at your work - not our free Community Edition. You may want to check with the person who’s running the Automation Anywhere Control Room at your place of work to see if they can extend your permissions to be able to create and test automations. 

Alternatively - you could sign up for a free Community Edition account where all the access is already set up for you.

Hope that helps!

Badge +1

Thank you @Micah.Smith  for the details. Shall I use my personal email ID or should I use only business email account? Please confirm!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Either way @dineshkunta  - Community Edition is available for everyone for free

Badge +1

@Micah.Smith after click on run, getting below error. Could you please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@dineshkunta - the device username should be the username that you use to log into windows, not your email address. Take a look at the following: