Question

When I try to set a value in excel following error occurs "Unable to set the cell value because of an invalid value or incorrect cell address."

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Unable to set the cell value because of an invalid value or incorrect cell address.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Litsy Maria Thomas,

I hope you are trying to enter data to the Excel through Loop (For each row in excel). You can use a variable to store the Row number during each iteration and during the Set Cell action, while specifying the Cell address, specify like the Alphabet name of the Column and the Row variable.

For e.g. A$Rownumber$ (A is the Column name and Rownumber is the variable used to save current row number)

If you have already followed this, could you please share the piece of code through which you are trying to mimic this action to give a better feedback?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Litsy Maria Thomas 

Can you keep a message box just above the set cell command and check whether you are getting the right Cell address  within the loop.

Badge +2

Hi 

Kindly check If you use loop Counter value to set the specific cell then you have to convert to string. Please refer below screenshot.

Badge +2

i have simillar issue, but i able to set cell but the value doesn’t change.

in this case i want to change date format from [dd/mm/yyyy] to [dd-MMM-yy] in Excel.