Skip to main content
Solved

What to write in connection string when using Database:Connect?

• 23 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to use excel file as database.

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="full path to your xlsx file goes here";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES" 

when i do this, it says Could not Connect to Database. Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Semih 3318 ,

FYI,

Connection String: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="excel file path";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES"

Microsoft Access Database Engine: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...

Please check the below How to use excel as a database in A360? | Excel as Database …

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 

I think microsoft access database is installed on the machine as i showed them in the screenshots. Do i need to install the link you sent me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 

I think microsoft access database is installed on the machine as i showed them in the screenshots. Do i need to install the link you sent me?

Hi @Semih 3318 ,

Check whether it is available in the installed applications list. If it is not, download it.

From Windows Programs and Features

If it is still not working, check the below points as well.

• Make sure there are no extra white spaces in the connection string. If there are, please remove and test.
  • Enable the Use ODBC 64-bit driver for connection in the Database: Connect action.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I dont know why but writing this into connection string “DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=C:\Demo\HugeExcel\ZipSample.xlsx;DefaultDir=C:\Demo\HugeExcel;DriverId=1046;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;”  changed the excel path, and enabling odbc 64bit driver worked it