Question

Using the loop function--any advice appreciated

• 7 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

I working on creating a bot to process a cell value in a single column in an CSV document, F2, and once that processing is complete the bot would go to the next cell below, F3, in that column until there is an empty cell.

I started with an example CSV doc with values in cells F2 and F3, and after the opening the file in line 4, I set used the Get multiple cells function to get multiple cells and store those two values in the table titled TABLEofHSIPNos.

With the loop function it looks like I set it up to loop through the each row of the TABLEofHSIPNos and record the values in HSIPNoFromTable.

However from here, I don’t understand how to use the above steps to, for example, create a message bot that would process each of value in the column from cell F2 to F[# of cells that contain a value] (which could be up to 100). 

I would appreciate any advice on how to use the loop to process each individual cell values from F2 - F[n] in an CSV. Thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for any help.

Thank you,
Brobert
using Automation 360 build 16685

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Brobert 

Try to use the action Excel advanced: Get number of rows and assign it to a new variable.

Then, set it to the action Excel advanced: Get multiple cells casting to String.

It will look like the follow image:

Let us  know any feedback.

Regards