Skip to main content

I have provided all the connection details for Gmail. But it’s giving me below error

Error : There was an error in sending the email message. Please check your connection details provided and try again.

Please help

Hi @vikrant1311 ,

To send email using Gmail server SMTP with Automation 360, you need to set up the email server settings and use the Gmail SMTP server. Here are the steps you can follow:

• First, you need to generate an app password for your Gmail account. This is a 16-digit code that allows third-party apps and devices to access your Google Account without requiring your username or password. You can only use app passwords if you have 2-Step Verification turned on. To generate an app password, go to your Google Account and select Security. Under “Signing in to Google”, select App passwords. You might need to sign in again. Select the app and device you want to generate the app password for and click Generate. Copy the app password and click Done.

• Next, you need to set up the email server settings in Automation 360. Go to Account Settings and select Edit Sender Emails. Click Add Sender Email and enter the following configuration:

• Email Address: your Gmail address
    • Hostname: smtp.gmail.com
    • Port: 587 or 465
    • Username: your Gmail address
    • Password: your Gmail app password
  • Click Save and Test Connection to verify that the email server settings are working.

• Now, you can use the Send Email command in Automation 360 to send emails using Gmail server SMTP. You can specify the recipients, subject, body, attachments, and other options for your email. For more information on how to use the Send Email command, see Send Email.

I hope this helps you with your task.  😊