Question

Unable to find TEXTBOX. 'Search Criteria' does not match error.

• 2 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

After I tried capturing the text box from a webpage but unfortunately it is throwing an error while executing the bot as unable to find the textbox. Even I have tried to capture by using different technologies. But still I am facing the same issue. Please help me with this issue.

7 replies

Badge +6

do you have the Extension enabled in the browser??

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Yotesh Kumar Mishra ,

Here are some suggestions that you can try:

I hope this helps you with your issue.😊

Badge +1

@Tamil Arasu10  I have checked with extensions as it seems fine along with changed the package version also but still facing the problem. When I am doing the capture by changing the different object technologies but in that particular technology DOMXpath is not appearing in the properties. So, Bot is filling but it’s not filling in the correct textbox and then when it goes for to process for the further again it started throwing the same error in the different line.

Badge +1

@JasonD106468 Yes it is enabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Yotesh Kumar Mishra ,

Can you try with some other properties InnerHTML, label,..etc in the Recorder

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

After I tried capturing the text box from a webpage but unfortunately it is throwing an error while executing the bot as unable to find the textbox. Even I have tried to capture by using different technologies. But still I am facing the same issue. Please help me with this issue.

Scenario 1 : Do one thing, capture the object and copy paste the xPath in a notepad file. Post that manually extract the xPath of the object using inspect element inside Google chrome. Check for any changes in both the paths.

Scenario 2 : Check for window variable, there might be something which is dynamic in the title.

Do let me know your findings 

Badge +3

@Yotesh Kumar Mishra make sure that the scaling of your screen is at 100%. Please note that i am facing the same issue while trying to automate Oracle Flexcube. It has “virtual” windows in the same browser tab and that is causing problems for me.