I'm developing a task to automate service contracts in SAP. I'm performing the following actions using the SAP Package:
- Set text (to get to the correct screen)
- Send virtual key (Enter)
- Set text (to enter a contract number)
- Send virtual key (Enter to search)
- Get Text (extract specific field information)
- Export Table (to get all the info from a table into a data table) or * Recorder Capture get entire table (to get the data into a data table)
After that I need to navigate to other areas like the Conditions screen. SAP becomes unresponsive on any other actions that navigate away from this screen at this point. I've experienced the screen hanging for up to 5 minutes before it carries out the action. Even performing a keystroke to navigate back (F3) causes the app to hang. It eventually DOES carry out the action. If I eliminate the table capture action I do NOT experience this. It navigates anywhere without any delay at all. I've tried creating a fresh task with just these actions in it and I get the same results after I capture a table.
Curious if anyone has experienced quirks like this when automating SAP and are there certain actions that should be avoided.
- Developing on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- A360 Cloud