Question

Salesforce Connector issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@MICAH SMITH​ 

I was going through your tutorial on Salesforce Connector setup. During its setup, I came across an issue where the connection attempt from Salesforce to the Control Room getting failed. I am getting the below-shown error while testing the connection.

Also, below mentioned OAuth Scopes are available in Salesforce to assign to and those two which were mentioned in your Tutorial are not showing.

image.pngimage.png 

Error Message

image.pngKindly provide your insight on this.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hey - the oAuth Scopes I used are :

As to your connection, you may try adding a slash at the end? I noticed mine has a slash at the end of the CR URL, yours does not. 503 is service unavailable, so that makes me think it isn't even hitting your Control Room at all (at least not the correct endpoint for establishing the connection). Try that and let me know how it goes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Padmakumar, usually when I see this 503 Service Unavailable error, it indicates an issue with Salesforce being able to communicate with your Control Room. You should be able to access your Control Room URL (either port 80 or 443) from the public internet without VPN. This is because the connectors connection from Salesforce is being initiated from the cloud and so Salesforce needs to be able to reach that hostname and port directly. Can you confirm the above details?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MICAH SMITH​ 

Thanks for the response. However, I already tried putting the URL with "/" at the end of it but still getting the same issue.

Also, as I mentioned, those oAuth Scopes selected by you were different in the video which I think got updated now. I also selected the same scopes only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Shane Patel​ 

Thanks for the response. This is my personal control room which I configured with a Self Signed certificate and the port number is 500 since 80 and 443 were not available to use during its setup.

As you have mentioned, I am able to access the Control Room with its URL but the same is not working from Salesforce even after whitelisting the CR URL.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Are you able to access your CR outside of your own network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Since it is my personal CR, it is only accessible from my PC.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If that’s the case, how is Salesforce supposed to establish a connection to your Control Room?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I got your point.