Recorder not working in sap

• 5 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi team,

In A360 iam not able to select required objects in SAP.

Pls let me know how to resolve recorder in SAP  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi team,

In A360 iam not able to select required objects in SAP.

Pls let me know how to resolve recorder in SAP  

Hi @Lokesh.reddy 

Are you using SAP thick client or web version? Can you try using SAP Package if recorder is not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Lokesh,

May I know what the version of the Recorder Package is?

Also, kindly confirm whether you are able to do the traditional Web recording with this package or not. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Lokesh.reddy ,

I’m assuming that you are trying to automate the Desktop SAP GUI application using A360 and if so I’d recommend using the SAP Action Package since it was built for SAP Automation.

There are a couple of prerequisites though - the SAP you are trying to automate must be v 750 and Patch 9 or Above.

The docs are always a great place to start if you aren’t sure about how to use them, so make sure you at least skim through it here.

If that doesn’t work, then the Capture Action is a friend you can rely on...

He can be a little touchy at times, and if your Capture Action is busy capturing moments you don’t want it to capture, then you can rely on the Record and Playback feature present in SAP itself.

It generates a VBScript which you can trigger in from Automation Anywhere. This is useful in measured doses i.e., don’t record the entire interaction - only segments where the SAP or Capture Actions won’t work.

All of that being said, if there is a specific issue you are dealing with, we’d appreciate it if you could share a snapshot or two, along with all the approaches you’ve tried to resolve it, that way we won’t waste your time suggesting things that you might have already tried.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K