Question

How to utilise S3 API in A360 REST Web Services Package

• 5 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have a requirement to upload a file via API to an S3 Bucket.

Ideally, we want to use the REST Web Services package but the PUT method command does not wholly accommodate the parameters required for connection to the S3 bucket.

At least, I have not been able to get it to work. I am able to get a response of “Access Denied” without trying to force the Access Key and Secret Access Key into the Username and Password Authorisation fields.

Has anyone had any luck with this? And if so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share how you went about entering the parameters/fields in the PUT command line.

Many thank in advance!

Will

3 replies

Badge

Hi Will,

Were you able to progress with this inquiry? I have a similar requirement where I need to upload a file to S3 via API and am interested in hearing your experience. 

Thanks!

Elle

Badge +1

Hi Elle,

There is no standard package that can handle S3, unfortunately.

However, there is a AWS Custom package in the Bot Store that you may find useful. We are currently looking into its viability.

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/aws-custom-package

As a short-term workaround, our Dev is utilising keystrokes through Command Prompt to trigger the S3 document upload. It is not ideal as A360 does not have an in-built command to read the Command Prompt screen for feedback.

Fingers crossed that AA introduce an AWS package as standard, seeing as so many companies are now moving to new AWS-based applications, such as those provided in Oracle Cloud Fusion.

Thanks,

Will

Badge

Hi Elle,

There is no standard package that can handle S3, unfortunately.

However, there is a AWS Custom package in the Bot Store that you may find useful. We are currently looking into its viability.

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/aws-custom-package

As a short-term workaround, our Dev is utilising keystrokes through Command Prompt to trigger the S3 document upload. It is not ideal as A360 does not have an in-built command to read the Command Prompt screen for feedback.

Fingers crossed that AA introduce an AWS package as standard, seeing as so many companies are now moving to new AWS-based applications, such as those provided in Oracle Cloud Fusion.

Thanks,

Will

This package does not include all server regions.

Anyone knows if there is a possibility to include another locations or if a new version could be made for the inclusion? To whom we can make this request?