When will cycling happen?
- If Bot registration is done by different person and handed over to the intended VDI user.
- VDI provisioned by Platform is used by multiple users. Multi user of the VDI corrupts the registration of the Bot Agent.
steps to resolve issue:
- Request for admin access on the VDI machine using service now Elevated desktop access.
- Navigate to service and stop Automation Anywhere Bot Agent service.
- After getting access login to the machine and remove the registration.properties and AA-DB.mv.db file from C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere
- Remove the device from Control room → Manage → Devices if it's showing as connected.
- Navigate to service and start Automation Anywhere Bot Agent service.
- Disconnect from the machine and ask the user to follow Bot Registration steps:
- Click on local device pop up > Connect local device > Connect to my computer > Single User > Done
- Check the local device pop up to make sure cycling is resolved.
- Check C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere if registration.properties and AA-DB.mv.db file were created with latest timestamp.
- Request to revoke admin access to VDI machine once the issue is resolved.