Question

How to convert csv to xlsx format?

• 5 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello, not only the excel file’s format, but also since the information is the csv seems like only 1 column, actually it should seperated into a few columns. How to do it the easiest way? 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello, not only the excel file’s format, but also since the information is the csv seems like only 1 column, actually it should seperated into a few columns. How to do it the easiest way? 

Hi @Semih 3318 

Can you try below steps,

1. Read the csv data using “CSV/TXT: Read” command assign the output to a data table
  2. Use Excel advanced: Write from data table command for writing the data table data to an excel sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Semith 3318,

You can use the CSV/Text & Excel packages for this. Put the data from CSV to a Data Table variable and using that, write it’s data to an already created xlsx file. 

Hope this clarifies your query.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Semih 3318 

Can you try below steps,

1. Read the csv data using “CSV/TXT: Read” command assign the output to a data table
  2. Use Excel advanced: Write from data table command for writing the data table data to an excel sheet.

Hello thank you for replying.

But how will it understand where is the column 2 and column3 starts.

I am asking, because the csv file is like only one column(A1). But actually it should be filled till L1 column. So i guess it will need some extra work for data seperation

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Semith 3318,

You can use the CSV/Text & Excel packages for this. Put the data from CSV to a Data Table variable and using that, write it’s data to an already created xlsx file. 

Hope this clarifies your query.

Hello, thank you for the reply.

I think i will need to do some extra work. Because the csv file is not clean. I mean normally the columns between A1-L1 should be filled, but in the csv file all the columns got into A1 column… so its hard to seperate.