Skip to main content
Question

Hello, i use the Screen Recorder for Recording click on a dropdown menu, i record this step and in AA it shows the right button is selected but if the bot run it clicks aside of this button ? and then the run failed

Hello, i use the Screen Recorder for Recording click on a dropdown menu, i record this step and in AA it shows the right button is selected but if the bot run it clicks aside of this button ? and then the run failed

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nils Pottbäcker​ ,

Can you check only DOMXpath and remove rest of the properties and try again?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nils Pottbäcker​ ,

Can you try with below Xpath and confirm?

//select[@name='Ergebnis']/option[contains(text(),'Give Your Selection Value from Dropdown')]

Checkout below article to learn more about Xpath,

https://help.parsehub.com/hc/en-us/articles/220618167-Using-XPath-to-select-elements/p>

2022-01-12 10_44_14-Window<div class="selectize-control single plugin-lip_customization plugin-lip_select plugin-accessibility" style="width: 182px; position: absolute; left: 209px; top: 23px; margin: 0px; height: 19px;"><div class="selectize-input items not-full has-options Input__PF formControl formControlText selectized" style="padding-right: 22px; height: 19px;"><input type="text" autocomplete="off" tabindex="0" id="Pruefergebnis-selectized" style="width: 4px;" readonly="" role="combobox" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-owns="Pruefergebnis_aria-selectize-dropdown" aria-expanded="false" aria-describedby="Pruefergebnis_aria_description_selectize" aria-labelledby="Pruefergebnis_labelFor Pruefergebnis_aria_selection_alert_selectize" class=""></div><div id="Pruefergebnis_aria_description_selectize" style="display: none;">Wählen Sie einen Wert aus der Liste aus. Navigieren Sie mit den Pfeiltasten durch die Liste und wählen Sie einen Wert mit der Enter-Taste aus. Beginnen Sie mit der Eingabe einiger Zeichen, um die Liste zu filtern.</div><div id="Pruefergebnis_aria_selection_alert_selectize" style="display: none;">Noch nichts ausgewählt.</div></div>

Hey

I tried this but doesnt work too 😞

any other ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Nils Pottbäcker​ ,

Can you share the URL, or screenshot of the inspected element we can help you to build a custom Xpath?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nils Pottbäcker​ ,

Could you inspect the button using this option in the inspection panel so that we may get its example DOM attributes?

imageIf nothing else works, after the dropdown is highlighted, you could try using keystrokes to interact with it.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Ashwin A.K​ - Any Alternates?

Hey,

i tried this but it doesnt work too

Hey @Ashwin A.K​ 

2022-01-12 12_06_15-Lucom Interaction Platform (Wartung_Prüfung)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Nils Pottbäcker​ ,

Could you try this:

//input[@id='Pruefergebnis-selectized' and @role='combobox']

Just add and/or substract attributes and check if that works out for you.

Kond Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hey @Ashwin A.K​ 

i tried this but it doesnt work too, it clicks on the left edge and get on a other site but not open the dropdown menu

Hello @Nils Pottbäcker​,

Could you confirm if you are using 'Click' or 'Left Click' action? Please trying using 'Click' action if already using 'Left Click' action or vice-versa and validate.

Make sure browser and Scaling of the Client machine is set to 100% 

For windows 10 : 

- Open Settings.

- Click on System.

- Click on Display.

- Under the "Scale and layout" section

- Set the scaling as 100% 

For Windows 7 : 

- Click on Start Menu > Control Panel > Under Appearance and Personalization click on - Adjust Screen Resolution.

- On Screen resolution screen find option which says “Make text and other items larger or smaller” click on that.

- Make sure your font scaling is set to 100%.