Question

Generic Exception Error occurred in Advanced Excel "Get Cell' Action.

• 29 June 2022
  • 3 replies

I ran Multiple times with same input data but error occurred in different lines.

3 replies

Same error occuring for me too
Badge +3

I faced this problem once too. I resolved it by adding delays between "get cell" and/or "set cell" actions. It seemed as if the Excel application was too slow for the bot 😉 I hope this helpes!

To resolve this problem, try the following methods, as appropriate, in the given order.

Method 1: Ignore DDE

To correct this setting, follow these steps:

Select File > Options.

Select Advanced, scroll down to the General section, and then clear the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the General area.

SelectOK.

This problem may occur if the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in Excel options is selected.

When you double-click an Excel workbook in Windows Explorer, a dynamic data exchange (DDE) message is sent to Excel. This message instructs Excel to open the workbook that you double-clicked.

If you select the "Ignore" option, Excel ignores DDE messages that are sent to it by other programs. Therefore, the DDE message that is sent to Excel by Windows Explorer is ignored, and Excel does not open the workbook that you double-clicked.

Note

For more information about how to turn off DDE, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

211494 "There was a problem sending the command to the program" error in Excel

If these steps do not resolve the problem, go to Method 2.

Method 2: Repair User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)

If you are running Update User Experience Virtualization (UE-V), install Hotfix Package 1 for Microsoft User Experience Virtualization 2.0 (KB2927019).

If you are not sure whether you are running UE-V, examine the program list in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. An entry for "Company Settings Center" indicates that you are running UE-V.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez