Skip to main content
Solved

File "registration.properties" is missing in AutomationAnywhere folder, how to get this file?

• 19 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi Team,

Bots were not getting executed in my system from last 2 weeks, it was showing my device as disconnected and it keeps fluctuating. To overcome this issue, I tried to reinstall the Bot Agent, but it didn't worked. Finally I came across the root cause of the issue i.e. file "registration.properties" is missing in AutomationAnywhere folder on the path C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local. I tried to delete the existing AutomationAnywhere folder from the mentioned path and tried to reinstall the Bot Agent, so AutomationAnywhere folder got recreated again automatically but it has only 3 files in it instead of 4,the file "registration.properties" is still missing. So can anyone please suggest how can I get this file "registration.properties" again, as this file is missing and not allowing to execute any of the bot in my system. Please suggest.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sagar Jaikalyani​ ,

This is Dhwanit Parekh from Automation Anywhere Technical Support Team.

"registration.properties" file gets created, when bot agent registers with control room.

Only installing the agent doesn't create the file.

Refer to below screenshot, which is taken right after installing bot agent.

So, I am assuming that, in your agent machine, agent is installed, but you still have to follow the registration process.

Hence, I suggest you follow the below steps.

1) If your agent machine is/was registered previously, then go to Control Room web portal -> Manage -> Devices -> Delete the device.

2) To add the device again,

• On your agent machine, where agent is installed, launch Control Room web portal.
  • Login with Bot Runner user.
  • Try registering/adding the device by clicking "Connect Local Device" button, as shown in screenshot below.

• Follow the on screen process.
  • Once device is registered successfully, you should see the registration.properties file created.

• Device status will also show as "Connected"

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Dhwanit Parekh

Hi Dhwanit Parekh,

Thanks for checking and replying. The problem in my case is that, it is not allowing to delete the Registered Device with an error message as "Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment". However there is no bot deployment going on in my system. Please find attached screenshots for reference. I have tried many different ways to delete the registered device, restarted my system multiple times, but nothing was fruitful. If possible for you, can you please delete the registered device from backend for my account, username - sagarjaikalyani@gmail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for sharing the details.

Since you are using community edition, I suggest you raise a support request for any assistance that requires any action from the back end.

In case you are not familiar with the process, putting a link of the instructions below as well for your ready reference.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/How-to-Open-a-Support-Case

File "registration.properties" is missing in AutomationAnywhere folder, how to get this file?

Hi Team,

Bots were not getting executed in my system it was showing my device as disconnected.I tried to reinstall the Bot Agent, but it didn't worked. Finally I came across the root cause of the issue i.e. file "registration.properties" is missing in AutomationAnywhere folder on the path C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local. I tried to delete the existing AutomationAnywhere folder from the mentioned path and tried to reinstall the Bot Agent, so AutomationAnywhere folder got recreated again automatically but it has only 3 files in it instead of 4,the file "registration.properties" is still missing. So can anyone please suggest how can I get this file "registration.properties"

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This is Dhwanit Parekh from Automation Anywhere Technical Support Team.

"registration.properties" file gets created, when bot agent registers with control room.

Only installing the agent doesn't create the file.

Refer to below screenshot, which is taken right after installing bot agent.

So, I am assuming that, in your agent machine, agent is installed, but you still have to follow the registration process.

Hence, I suggest you follow the below steps.

1) If your agent machine is/was registered previously, then go to Control Room web portal -> Manage -> Devices -> Delete the device.

2) To add the device again,

• On your agent machine, where agent is installed, launch Control Room web portal.
  • Login with Bot Runner user.
  • Try registering/adding the device by clicking "Connect Local Device" button, as shown in screenshot below.

• Follow the on screen process.
  • Once device is registered successfully, you should see the registration.properties file created.

• Device status will also show as "Connected"

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Dhwanit Parekh

Please help me. I uninstalled automation anywhere and then reinstalled. It can't be done. What should I do to make it work? please tell me

Badge +1

Hi @Automation Anywhere Team,

I am unable to connect to the control room and run any bot in my machine.  I have done RCA and found that registrations file was missing. I have tried connecting to my local device but i was facing the same issue. So, i have tried removing my device from control room and tried to connect my local device, yet i have faced the same issue. and i am also not able to open bot agent in my machine. Can someone help me with this. I have attached the Screenshots for the reference.

Regards,

Raghavendra.