Skip to main content
Question

Fetching mails from secondary mailbox using Email:connect using Outlook server

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a requirement to fetch mails from the seconday account that is set in outlook application. Can the Email: Connect action be used to do this by connecting to outlook. The note says that it defaults to default outlook mailbox of bot runner device. Even if i try to refresh the list, i get the below error although i have outlook installed and open.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Reshma.S3 ,

Email connect using Outlook application will use your default account only. I will not get the secondary email account. Would suggest to use Email Server configuration for secondary email account.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Reshma.S3 ,

Would you like to specifically access the secondary mailbox?

Could you please add the second mailbox to the Outlook account.

To add the second mailbox to your Outlook account, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Connect action in Outlook.
2. Refresh the dropdown menu.
3. In the dropdown menu, you will see the list of available mailboxes to connect.
4. Select the desired mailbox based on your requirements.

An alternative option is to set up an auto rule in the second mailbox to forward emails to your main account. This will help ensure that all important emails are directed to your primary inbox.

To retrieve data from the mailbox, you can establish a connection and apply filters based on the recipient's email address. This will enable you to efficiently organize and sort incoming emails.

Badge +2

Hi @Reshma.S3 ,

Email connect using Outlook application will use your default account only. I will not get the secondary email account. Would suggest to use Email Server configuration for secondary email account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @Abhay Naik 

Badge +2

Hi @Reshma.S3 ,

Would you like to specifically access the secondary mailbox?

Could you please add the second mailbox to the Outlook account.

To add the second mailbox to your Outlook account, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Connect action in Outlook.
2. Refresh the dropdown menu.
3. In the dropdown menu, you will see the list of available mailboxes to connect.
4. Select the desired mailbox based on your requirements.

An alternative option is to set up an auto rule in the second mailbox to forward emails to your main account. This will help ensure that all important emails are directed to your primary inbox.

To retrieve data from the mailbox, you can establish a connection and apply filters based on the recipient's email address. This will enable you to efficiently organize and sort incoming emails.

Hi @Tamil Arasu10 ,

Yes, i would like to specifically access the secondary mailbox.

I have already added two mail accounts in the outlook application. If i refresh the dropdown menu, i get the error that i mentioned before.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

sometimes restarting it will fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, you can try repairing it.

Locate the Office software in the list of apps, either listed as Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019. Choose the Office app and select Modify. Select either option 1 of a Quick Repair or option 2 of an Online Repair, then select Repair.