Skip to main content

What if I want to set a loop in Excel Advanced?
 Let's say I have 15 rows and 9 columns of work. I have a datatabel loop defined. Where do I need to configure it so that Read the value up to row 15 and stop working because now AA reads repeatedly even though The other rows will not have the values ​​entered, please.

Hi @mewky , You can extract the total number of rows present in excel advance package and then inside Excel advanced loop you can pass first and last row where first row will be 2 and last will be total number of rows extracted. Refer below screenshot of the action.

Where the Sample number consists of data extracted from → get Number of Rows action

The reason why this thing happens it is, the excel is reused again and again and the data is getting manipulated and the rows data is getting deleted not the entire row.

For this to not happen again please delete the the empty rows, not just data.   

Thank you, Zaid Chougle  I have sent you an example of starting my author using Get multipel calls. Can I continue?

Thank you, Zaid Chougle  I have sent you an example of starting my author using Get multipel calls. Can I continue?

After Using Excel Open → Get number of rows, Then use loop for Excel Advanced and in that use specific rows and then first iteration as 2 and last as RowNumbers which is the output of Get number of rows.

@mewky , please find below approach which will be perfect in your scenario : 

Note : Select Loop through specific rows as mentioned in below image.

Zaid Chougle

Thank you, but I still don't quite understand it. I just learned to use it. This program Do you have any samples or videos? If so, I'd like to study them, please.

Zaid Chougle

Thank you, but I still don't quite understand it. I just learned to use it. This program Do you have any samples or videos? If so, I'd like to study them, please.

Okay @mewky,

Let me explain you line by line : 

• Open your excel file using Excel Advanced → Open with the path.
  • Use action → Get number of rows present under Excel Advanced. In this the output will be in a number type variable.
  • Drag and Drop Loop→ For each rows in a excel advanced → Loop through Specific rows→ From Row should be always 2 as first row has headers, To Row will be the number variable which has the total number of rows which has data in the excel file.

Feel free to let me know whether you understood or not.

Zaid Chougle

First of all, I want to apologize for not understanding your meaning. Because I just learned how to do it. I configured it like this and it doesn't work. I'm still confused.

Zaid Chougle

First of all, I want to apologize for not understanding your meaning. Because I just learned how to do it. I configured it like this and it doesn't work. I'm still confused.

No issues @mewky 😄,

• Firstly let me know whether the data is present in the Sheet1 or Sheet2 in the excel that you have opened, reason being you have entered index 2 in Gen number or rows.
  • Secondly In the loop instead of All rows select → Loop through specific rows and in that → Set the start from 2 and end to $ExcelRowsVolume$(Variable that you created in action Get number of rows.

Feel free to ask any question you have.