Skip to main content
Solved

Error "Unable to perform 'Left click' action. Object is found but not able to play the action"

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Using "Recorder: Capture" with technology type Microsoft UI Automation (COM) with action "Left click" (see attached) every once in a while results in the error "Unable to perform 'Left click' action. Object is found but not able to play the action".

What causes this error, and how can I prevent it? 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

May I know  whether the application is installed locally or web-based?

Badge +3

@Ganesh Bhat Ofcourse! The application I’m doing the “click” in (or trying to 😉) is installed locally.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Ganesh Bhat Ofcourse! The application I’m doing the “click” in (or trying to 😉) is installed locally.

Understood,

First, attempt with a different recorder. If none of the recorders are functioning, proceed to step 2.

In step 2, try to capture an anchor so that the bot can identify it and click on the object.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Badge +3

Understood,

First, attempt with a different recorder. If none of the recorders are functioning, proceed to step 2.

In step 2, try to capture an anchor so that the bot can identify it and click on the object.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks, I’ve already tried all the recorders though. Also, the problem does not occur structurally, but only rarely, which makes it even more confusing and frustrating.

About step 2: the problem is not identifying the object, since the error explicitly says “Object is found but not able to play the action”, so I don’t see how an anchor should change that? Also, the object is not static, but based on a row-variable that’s used within a loop to go through a table within the application.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

since the object is not static, you might be getting the wrong object intermittently. You can check your Search parameters in the Capture action. You might add a Error Handler and take a Screenshot on the error. I suspect the object that is captured is not the same type of object that you initially recorded.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If you’re still having issues, please contact support at support@automationanywhere.com to help troubleshoot the issue.