Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m capturing a data table from a website and storing it in an Excel file. I want to repeat the process everyday and, if there’s changes in the data table, make those changes in the Excel file as well. If there are no changes then I store the new Excel file as “no changes”. How would I perform this operation or when I can start looking to learn the process?

Thanks

Hi @jsegura 2409,

Please find the below,

I’m capturing a data table from a website and storing it in an Excel file

use recorder action to capture in the datable from the website, stored into the datatable and convert/saved as excel file.

I want to repeat the process everyday and, if there’s changes in the data table, make those changes in the Excel file as well.

You have to create the two tasks.

1. capturing the data in the web and stored into the datatable
  2. Compare the existing data with current data

If there are no changes then I store the new Excel file as “no changes”

you can compare the data with data table to excel sheet which is already available. while comparing the if the data is matched the skip the next item (save as new file), If data is not matched with existing the data then added to the sheet.

Hi, thanks for the help. But I cannot understand the logic behind the process. Is there any documentation I can read to understand how to do this better?

Thanks

No documentation available for above use case. However you can find the below links which are used to develop the above logic

Recorder package

Data Table package

Excel advanced package

Loop package

Window package