Question

Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge
Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello @venkat reddy​ Please follow the article below. You may have to login to APeople to access the KB articles.

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/A360-Getting-error-Cannot-delete-device

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @venkat reddy​ ,

I've faced this before, and what worked for me was to restart the Bot Service and then delete the device.

Could you give that a try and let us know if it worked out for you?

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Badge +1

@venkat reddy​ , Hope your using Community Edition, if you facing this kind issues frequently then please do the below steps:

1. Go to services (if you have installed the bot agent with Admin rights) find automation anywhere bot agent
  2. right click on that and click on stop
  3. Goto C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere\GlobalCache\ Delete all the files which is present.
  4. Try starting the bot agent from Services and run a bot task

Initally it will take some time to download all the packages but it will execute, if not please let me know so i can provide you another workaround for this.