Question

Building your first bot

• 12 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I'm new to AA so I apologize for the silly question

I’m doing my first lessons on how to build a bot.

I managed to copy/create the Excel table from the link but when I open it it appears like this, as in the image below, and not as the example shows.
Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Excel Image
​​​​

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LincolnGuerra ,

1. Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.

2. Select Data Text to Columns.

3. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.

4. Select the Delimiters for your data. For example, Comma and Space. You can see a preview of your data in the Data preview window.

5. Select Next.

6. Select the Destination in your worksheet which is where you want the split data to appear.

7. Select Finish.

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for the help, Tamil!
But I can't extract the table from the web page directly into this format?

Best regards.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

To extract the table from the web page. you can use the Web Recorder or the Universal Recorder commands. Here are some steps you can follow:

• If you are using the Web Recorder command, you need to enter the URL of the web page that contains the table you want to extract, and click Start. Then, you need to click the Extract Table button on the Web Recorder toolbar, and select the table you want to capture. You can also specify if the table spans across multiple pages, and how to save the extracted data as a CSV file. For more details, you can refer to this guide1.
  • If you are using the Universal Recorder command, you need to launch the Recorder action, and select a Table type element from the source web page or application. You can then perform various actions on the table, such as getting its data, row count, column count, cell value, etc. You can also use the Data Table command to manipulate and write the extracted data to a file. For more details, you can refer to this guide or this forum post.