Question

An unknown error happens when I try a bot with the Open Excel command. This is the message: "An unknown error occurred when executing the 'OpenExcel' command. To continue, contact your system administrator." I have excel and path is c drive.

• 26 September 2022
  • 3 replies

An unknown error happens when I try a bot with the Open Excel command. This is the message: "An unknown error occurred when executing the 'OpenExcel' command. To continue, contact your system administrator." I have excel and path is c drive.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Spence 6113 (MAXX Potential)​ ,

• No Excel installed: If you do not have Microsoft Excel installed on the device on which you are running bots to automate Excel-related processes, use the Excel basic package.
  • Desktop Excel installed: If you have a desktop version of Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, use the Excel advanced package in your bots.
  • Online Office 365 Excel only: If you are using Microsoft Excel 365 on a web browser, use the Office 365 Excel package for automating tasks related to Excel.

Note: If you are using Excel Advance Packages then you need an Office license should active. (Please upgrade or downgrade the excel package version and give it try)

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/question/0D52t00000IdoYhCAJ/i-was-trying-to-run-excel-advance-package-to-read-excel-data-below-error-occurred-despite-following-the-right-steps-

I am using the desktop version with the excel advanced package. In addition to the Excel Open command, the Create Workbook command does not work either.

Badge

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution for this issue. I have tried downgrading and upgrading the packages. However still facing the issue.