Skip to main content
Solved

About single-column record variables

• 25 January 2024
  • 11 replies

If there is only one column of data in Excel, when we try to assign it to a Record variable using a loop action, an error will occur and it will stop working. Why?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @YKare2023 

Can you please share the screen shot of the code.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/using-variables/cloud-record-variable.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
If there is only one column of data in Excel, when we try to assign it to a Record variable using a loop action, an error will occur and it will stop working. Why?

Can you please share the screenshot of the issue.

Badge +1

@Zaid Chougle Hello.Thank you for your reply.

Error screen and Excel data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Zaid Chougle Hello.Thank you for your reply.

Error screen and Excel data.

Request you to please share the screenshot of your logic where you are accessing the excel data using record variable as I am able to access each row using record variable inside the excel loop.

Please check the below screenshot of first iteration output using record variable.

Badge +1

@Zaid Chougle Thank you so much!! Changing the column name from Japanese to English completed successfully. Is Japanese not good? It's strange. For the time being, it's logic.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Zaid Chougle Thank you so much!! Changing the column name from Japanese to English completed successfully. Is Japanese not good? It's strange. For the time being, it's logic.

@YKare2023 , I was able to read in Japanese itself. Also are you using counter to read the values?

As I simply used record to store each row in the loop and using → record[0], I was able to extract the values row by row present in first column. Please refer below screenshot.

Badge +1

@Zaid Chougle 

The counter is simply set up to count the number of data. (Count the number of pieces of data that match the value entered in the prompt)

I'm trying both a record variable and multiple variables, but I get the same error.

Screenshot of a record variable.

In the first place, stop at Line 2. :(

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Zaid Chougle

The counter is simply set up to count the number of data. (Count the number of pieces of data that match the value entered in the prompt)

I'm trying both a record variable and multiple variables, but I get the same error.

Screenshot of a record variable.

In the first place, stop at Line 2. :(

@YKare2023  As there is an error on Line 2 i.e. excel open, can you please open it with unchecking Sheet contains header and also remove the sheet name. Refer below screenshot.

Badge +1

@Zaid Chougle 

Thank you! Resolution. This data does not require a header.  I really appreciate your help.Thank you very much for your kindness!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Zaid Chougle

Thank you! Resolution. This data does not require a header.  I really appreciate your help.Thank you very much for your kindness!!

No issues !

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@YKare2023, please mark the solution in the thread if your issue was resolved.