Skip to main content
Question

Email Oauth package for Gmail Account

• 22 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Anyone Tried using Email Oauth (Authentication with PKCE Flow) Package for Sending Emails via Gmail Account ? If yes , Kindly share the steps to follow.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear @Kayal 2500,

Yes, it is possible to use the Email OAuth (Authentication with PKCE Flow) package in Automation Anywhere to send emails via a Gmail account. Here are the steps you can follow to set this up:

1. Install the Email OAuth (Authentication with PKCE Flow) package from the Automation Anywhere Marketplace.

2. Go to the Google Developer Console (https://console.developers.google.com/) and create a new project.

3. Enable the Gmail API for the project.

4. Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID for the project. Select "Other" as the application type and give the client ID a name.

5. Download the JSON file for the client ID and save it to your computer.

6. In Automation Anywhere, go to the Email OAuth (Authentication with PKCE Flow) package and open the "Google OAuth 2.0 Configuration" task.

7. In the "Client ID JSON File" field, select the JSON file you downloaded in step 5.

8. In the "Scope" field, enter the following: "https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.send"

9. Click "Run" to start the configuration task. This will open a web browser window and prompt you to sign in to your Google account.

10. Once you have signed in, you will be redirected to a page asking you to grant permission to the Automation Anywhere app to access your Gmail account. Click "Allow" to grant permission.

11. The configuration task will complete successfully, and you will now be able to use the Email OAuth (Authentication with PKCE Flow) package to send emails via your Gmail account in Automation Anywhere.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Zaibi ,

If you don’t mind, could you please share the screenshot of the section in the Email package where we need to enter these details (specifically the Google OAuth 2.0 Configuration)?

I am unable to find any such options under Email package though.

I couldn’t find any such package on bot store as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Padmakumar 

Think @Zaibi is referring to the BotStore package called OAuth. Even I’m curious to try this.

@Zaibi Could you share us the BotStore package link? In the search results i didn't find 😞

Badge +5

Hi @Zaibi 

Thanks for sharing the detailed steps,

Im bit confused here, i dont see any option for Scope Field. Could you please share any screenshots for reference?

Another question, how does this email action work in the case of multiple user logins? 

Basic Auth authenticates in the backend and sends the email, but in this case, it asks for sign-in via UI to send each email 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kayal 2500 

You are right in unattended automation we cannot us this. 

Badge +5

@ChanduMohammad  

Then how it can be achieved in unattended mode?  

Is there any alternate solution available to implement in unattended mode? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Kayal 2500 ,

You can make request for this as a new Enhancement or can log a ticket with AA here for further clarification.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@ChanduMohammad  

Then how it can be achieved in unattended mode?  

Is there any alternate solution available to implement in unattended mode? 

Hi @Kayal 2500 

Can you check with your IT team whether they can change the Authorization method, if not then this will be a attended use case. I’d recommend to get in touch with AA by raising support case.

Badge

Hi @Zaibi,

Can i also get the link for downloading this package?